NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION WEEK INCORPORATED 2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Charleston Motor Carriers Association Custom Brokers & Freight Forwarders Assn of Charleston Maritime Association of South Carolina Charleston Port & Seafarers’ Society
Propeller Club of the United States South Carolina Stevedores Association
Neal Brothers Export Packers
NTW SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM OBJECTIVE: To provide financial assistance to NTW affiliated members or individuals pursuing a degree in transportation/logistics/supply chain management. Up to ten scholarships ($1,000 to
$5,000) will be awarded.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY: Applicant must be a high school senior, graduating in 2020, or an undergraduate student enrolled/enrolling at an accredited college.
APPLICANT’S AFFILIATION CRITERIA: ** (Circle appropriate category) **
- 1. YOU ARE A STUDENT MAJORING IN TRANSPORTATION/LOGISTICS/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- 2. YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A NTW ORGANIZATION (Name of organization)
- 3. YOU ARE A DEPENDENT OF A NTW MEMBER (Name of organization)
- 4. BE SPONSORED BY A NTW MEMBER (REQUIRES SPONSOR LETTER WITH APPLICATION)
APPLICANT’S NAME: DATE OF BIRTH: ADDRESS:
CITY: STATE ZIP: PHONE:
HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDED:
NAME CITY&STATE EXPECTED GRADUATION DATE
COLLEGE ATTENDING / WILL ATTEND:
NAME EXPECTED GRADUATION DATE
ADDRESS TO SEND SCHOLARSHIP:
NAME OF SCHOOL
ADDRESS CITY STATE ZIP
NOTE: Scholarship funds are mailed to recipient’s financial aid department.
SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION VIA EMAIL NO LATER THAN 11:59PM ON APRIL 13, 2020 ALONG WITH:
- 1. A SPONSOR LETTER – REQUIRED IF STUDENT DOES NOT MEET CRITERIA 1, 2, or 3 ABOVE.
- 2. AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES
- 3. A LIST OF EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, CIVIC, AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- 4. A TWO-PAGE, DOUBLE-SPACED ESSAY ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
a. Proposals have been put forth to impose a toll system on some stretches of the Interstate Highway System, most notably I-95 through South Carolina. Discuss the pros and cons of this idea and support
a position in favor of, or against, such an action.
b. Does Elon Musk’s Hyperloop have a future for freight transportation? Why or why not?
c. More than 37,000 lives were lost to road accidents in the United States in 2017. What can be done to
reduce that number?
** EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO: NTW.Charleston@yahoo.com **