Peter Wittwer North America, Inc.
5900 Core Road, Suite 204
N. Charleston, SC 29406
Remote work allowed: based on local state recommendations
For our office in North Charleston, SC we are seeking a motivated individual with experience in international Freight Forwarding, mainly Imports. Minimum of 3 years experience in handling all modes of international transportation preferred. This is a fast-paced operation.
Good candidate will have experience in the following areas:
· Tracking of inbound/outbound shipments with ocean and air freight carriers
· Deep understanding of LTL/TL carrier and delivery process
· Communication of cargo status to clientele
· Accurate and timely distribution of documentation
· Arrangement of timely cargo delivery
· Coordination between shipping lines, air lines, and common carriers
· Monitoring and understanding of in-transit cargo and documentation requirements
· Negotiation of freight rates with common carriers and warehouses
· Ability to perform in multinational office environment
· Establishment of best practices and the performance of duties in accordance with internal and client-established KPIs
Strong candidate will:
· Possess ability to work independently with high degree of accountability.
· Possess ability to speak multiple languages (highly desired but not required)
· Be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
· Be highly experienced in MS Excel and MS Word
· Be able to work in U.S. (required)